Our Office COVID Protocols
Our office’s ultimate goal is to keep our patients and staff safe. We thank all of the patients and their families for their help and cooperation during this uncertain time. The following protocols were put into place upon returning to work and seeing our patients in June – 2020, and will remain in effect until further notice. Many of these are put forth by the CDC, ADA and OSHA as well as mandates from the Governor.
For our Patients/Parents we ask the following:
- All patients brush thoroughly prior to coming in for your appointments, since our brushing sinks will not be available. If the patient’s brushing is poor, we may be forced to reschedule.
- Anyone entering the office must be wearing a mask.
- Upon arrival to (either) office, please text that you are here to 633-4747. DO NOT ENTER UNTIL YOU ARE TEXT’D TO DO SO.
- Once inside, the patient will be asked several screening questions, to use hand sanitizer, temperature taken and do a pre-rinse before having their adjustment.
- If you are not on time for your appointment, we will be forced to reschedule due to the lack of leeway between appointment times. We are limited on the number of patients we can see at one time to enable social distancing and allow for proper cleaning between patients.
- If you are early for your appointment, we may not be able to see you before your appointed time. We ask you to be patient as we may not immediately reply to your text.
- Our waiting room and restroom continue to be closed. We will ask that parents wait in the car during the appointment. Please understand that there may be some exceptions, where a parent may need to remain inside the waiting room during an appointment.
- Once the appointment is completed, we will instruct you as to how and when to set up the next visit and provide a report as to what adjustments were made that day.
- We ask that patients wear their mask fully any time they are not being seen by the doctor or assistant.
- If you have traveled outside of the area to any of the restricted states as per the Governor, will ask that you reschedule your appointment accordingly. This is for the safety of your fellow patients and the staff.
Most importantly, if the patient isn’t feeling well, we ask that you please reschedule!
Once again, we thank you for your cooperation!
For the Doctor, Staff and office setup:
- Upon arrival temperatures are taken and COVID health screening questions asked.
- Staff is asked not to report to work if they are feeling any cold/flu symptoms.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn that you may not be used to seeing.
- Chairs in patient operatory are being used strategically or partitioned to keep patients separated.
- Full office COVID Protocol Plan put into place per the Governor’s mandate along with guidelines set by ADA, CDC and OSHA.
- Staff to wear masks at all times when in the building.
We hope that this gives you comfort in knowing we are doing everything we can to give you a safe and comfortable environment while providing you the same exceptional care that our office is known for!
Come experience More Than a Smile Orthodontics! You will quickly discover that we offer state-of-the-art and affordable Invisalign in Williamsville, NY, Elma, NY, Orchard Park, NY, Amherst, NY, Clarence, NY, Tonawanda, NY, Hamburg, NY, East Aurora, NY, Lancaster, NY, Buffalo, NY and West Seneca, NY – and we do it with a smile. We’re ready to help you achieve a healthy smile in less time!
More Than A Smile Orthodontics Offers 5-Star-Rated Orthodontic Care with Braces & Invisalign in Williamsville, NY, Elma, NY & Orchard Park, NY — Serving Williamsville, Elma, Orchard Park, Amherst, Clarence, Tonawanda, Hamburg, East Aurora, Lancaster, Buffalo, & West Seneca, NY