- Why More Than A Smile?
- Contact Us
The history of More Than a Smile Orthodontics goes back quite some time! Our practice began in 1957 by Dr. Robert Evans at 5893 Main Street in a beautiful three-story colonial house at the corner of Highland Road. Dr. Evans practiced alone until 1968, when Dr. Barry Wood joined him, returning to New York after completing his Air Force commitment. Once Dr. Wood joined the practice, the Elma orthodontic office was opened at the corner of Bullis and Bowen roads.
In 1979, Dr. Alan Patrignani joined the practice following his graduation from SUNY Buffalo Dental School and the SUNY Buffalo Orthodontic Program. Shortly thereafter, Dr. Evans retired.
In 1981, Dr. Charles Kohout joined the practice after graduation from SUNY Buffalo School of Dentistry and completing his Orthodontic Residency at Loyola University of Chicago. We then became a group of three orthodontists: Drs. Wood, Patrignani, and Kohout. At the time, our office was one of the few practices in New York State in which all of the doctors were board certified.
We continued as a three-doctor practice until Dr. Wood retired in 1998. At that time, the two remaining doctors decided to continue the practice, and we moved to our present location. For our new headquarters, we built a beautiful new clinical space, updated our equipment, and computerized our office to increase our efficiency. Our practice continued on with two doctors until Dr. Patrignani retired in 2012.
To visit one of our expert orthodontists in New York and see why More Than A Smile Orthodontics maintains its stellar reputation to this day. Call our Elma or Williamsville orthodontic offices at 716.633.4747 or click here to use our convenient online appointment form. We look forward to meeting you!